Post History

Sunday, May 26, 2013

How to Motivate yourself to code more.

Like any other chap in dire need of motivation, I googled "How to motivate yourself".  The first thing I found was some article on about.com listing it's theories. I have my doubts on these methods working, but that may just be my cynical side speaking. Anyhoo.

My two main methods I'll be keeping are the Incentive and Drive theories.

  • The incentive theory states that people will be motivated because of external rewards. 

I hereby proclaim that for every successful challenge I finish I will....I will...I don't know yet but surely it will be good.


  • The drive theory states that people are motivated to take actions in order to reduce the internal tension that is caused by unmet needs.

I've always hated leaving things unfinished so by making this blog public I would become even more ashamed. If I am lacking in consistency, feel free to heckle in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment