Post History

Saturday, July 20, 2013

C++ Challenge: Visual Studio C++, SDL, and Games

I think I've got a hold of this programming thing; the logic, thought process, the intense planning. So that is why I'll be moving on to a more difficult language to try and expand my horizons. That's right, the infamous beginner code killer - C++.

I learned much more about programs and games and that you don't always have to build everything from the ground up. There are many pieces of software out there that will give you the tools to build what you want and the best part, a lot of them are free. Not just free to use, but also free to commercially release. Here's a list of many game engines(payed, and free) that could get you started now. Game Engines

But how will I start?

I've begun to take lessons on learncpp.com and found a series of tutorials from "Lazy Foo' Productions"  on how to use SDL to create graphics for applications.

The parameters of the challenge are unclear so far but I will try to come back with a basic game made using Visual Studio and SDL.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment